With more than 65 registered spaces, there are hundreds of opportunities to be a part of One Spark. To participate in One Spark, Creators must be invited by a Creator Zone Venue during matchmaking. Venues will house Creator entries during all five days of the event, and serve as bases of operation. Outside of required Creator Zone Venue exhibition, Creators may increase their visibility by taking advantage of three other optional opportunities: (1) Creator Zone Community First Pitch Deck(s), (2) Creator Zone stages, and (3) Entertainment District Spaces. Matchmaking/scheduling for each of these opportunities works just a little bit differently.
Creator Zone Venue Matchmaking (Entry Selection)
January 14, 2013 - February 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST
During matchmaking, Creators and Venues will browse, connect, and communicate with one another:
- Creators may register and submit entries online through February 22, 2013, 11:59 PM EST.
- During matchmaking, January 14, 2013 - February 25, 2013, 11:59 PM EST.,
- Creators may browse and express interest in Venues to initiate a conversation.
- Venues may view entries, sort them by project category, and engage Creators directly to discuss exhibition requirements and details.
- Creators and Venues may communicate online via messaging and will work together to create a Venue-Creator Hosting Agreement.
- The Venue will send the Creator a final ask and agreement. The Creator may either accept or decline this invitation.
- Upon acceptance, the Creator drops off the inventory list and his/her project is entered as an official One Spark entry.
- Matchmaking closes February 25 , 2013, 11:59 PM EST. At midnight, matchmaking features will be disabled. One Spark will pull the Creator roster for each Venue, and compile accepted entries into an official entry list. Entries will then be showcased online in a gallery format.
A few things to keep in mind:
- One Spark is not involved in the matchmaking or negotiations process. We only provide an online platform to facilitate. It's up to Venues and Creators to connect and reach an agreement.
- Each Venue has its own selection criteria and process. If you have questions about a particular Venue, please contact that Venue directly.
- Venues may invite/host multiple Creators, but Creators can only select one primary Venue.
- Creators may show interest in a Venue, but Venues are the ones who issue invitations.
- Venues and Creators should discuss and outline terms in a Venue-Creator Hosting Agreement before making their final decision online.
- If you do not receive acceptance notification from One Spark, your work is not eligible for One Spark 2013.
Creator Zone Pitch Decks (Open Call)
Pitches will be hosted at the event, and streamed live on the web. After matchmaking closes on February 25, 2013, 11:59 PM EST, Creators can sign up to pitch an idea from a Community First Pitch Deck(s) located within the Creator Zone. Community First Pitch Deck(s) are meant for NON MUSICIAN Creators.
Creator Zone Music Stages (Opening Feb 27th, 2013)
One Spark will offer live music and entertainment during the day on one or more public stages located within the Creator Zone. After matchmaking closes on February 25, 2013, 11:59 PM EST, One Spark will open the sign up for Music Stages starting on Feb. 27th, 2013.
Entertainment District Spaces (Invite-Only)
When the sun sets, the Entertainment District comes alive. Creators may promote their entries at Entertainment District Spaces during evening hours. During matchmaking, Entertainment District Spaces will browse Creator profiles online and reach out to them to schedule performances and appearances. Spaces are a great platform for bands and performers to showcase their work, and may even allow startups to pitch their great ideas.