Matchmaking For Venues
To participate in One Spark, Creators must be invited by a Venue during Matchmaking. Venues will house Creator entries during all five days of the event, and serve as bases of operation. Outside of required Venue exhibition, Creators may increase their visibility by teaming up with One Spark After Dark Venues.
- Creator/Venue Matchmaking (Entry Selection)
- February 14, 2014 - February 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST
- During Matchmaking, Creators and Venues will browse, connect, and communicate with one another.
- Creators may register and submit entries online through January 31, 2014, 11:59 PM EST.
- During matchmaking, February 14, 2014 - February 28, 2014, 11:59 PM EST.,
- Creators may browse and express interest in Venues to initiate a conversation.
- Venues may view entries, sort them by Project category, and engage Creators directly to discuss exhibition requirements and details.
- Creators and Venues may communicate online via messaging and will work together to create a Venue-Creator Hosting Agreement.
- The Venue will send the Creator a final invitation to host. The Creator may either accept or decline this invitation.
- Upon acceptance, the Creator drops off the inventory list and his/her project is entered as an official One Spark entry.
- Matchmaking closes February 28, 2014, 11:59 PM EST. At midnight, Matchmaking features will be disabled. One Spark will pull the Creator roster for each Venue, and compile accepted entries into an official entry list. Entries will then be showcased online in a gallery format.
A few things to keep in mind:
- One Spark is not involved in the Matchmaking or negotiations process. We only provide an online platform to facilitate. It's up to Venues and Creators to connect and reach an agreement.
- Each Venue has its own selection criteria and process. If you have questions about a particular Venue, please contact that Venue directly.
- Venues may invite/host multiple Creators, but Creators can only select one primary Venue.
- Creators may unofficially showcase at One Spark After Dark Venues following Creator Showcase hours
- Creators may show interest in a Venue, but Venues are the ones who must issue the invitation to host.
- One Spark encourages Venues and Creators to discuss and outline terms in a Venue-Creator Hosting Agreement before making their final decision online.
- As a Creator, if you do not receive acceptance notification from One Spark, your work is not eligible for One Spark 2014.
Venue Matchmaking Tips
Creator/Venue Matchmaking (Entry Selection)
February 14, 2014 - February 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST
Venues and Creators will have from February 14, 2014 at noon EST until February 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST to determine who exhibits where. Ultimately, Venues are the ones who send the invitation to host to Creators and official One Spark Projects.
A few things to keep in mind:
- One Spark is not involved in the Matchmaking or negotiations process. We only provide an online platform to facilitate. It’s up to Venues and Creators to connect and reach an agreement.
- One Spark encourages Venues and Creators to discuss and outline terms before making their final decisions online.
5 Steps To Finding Your Perfect Match(es):
Step 1: Update Your Venue Profile (Pronto)
If you haven’t done so already, please log in to your One Spark account and update your Venue profile, adding photos, space and amenities information, and other details. The more complete and attractive your profile, the easier it will be to connect with Creators and patrons. Need ideas? Browse other Venue profiles at (LINK)
Step 2: Browse Creator Profiles (Beginning February 14, 2014)
Once Matchmaking opens, browse Creator profiles and Projects, looking for the best entries to fit your unique exhibition space(s), amenities, and creative vision.
Step 3: Start A Conversation
Venues may “select” Creator profiles to notify them directly. Similarly, Creators may express interest in Venues to initiate a conversation. Venues and Creators should work together to discuss needs, requirements, and other details to inform a Venue-Creator Hosting Agreement.
Step 4: Reach A Venue-Creator Hosting Agreement
The Venue-Creator Hosting Agreement is an agreement between one Venue and one Creator that outlines all exhibition details including entry and exhibition space, installation and removal, promotion, insurance, security, and more. Venues that host more than one Creator will need one agreement for each Creator. One Spark does not require a copy of Venue-Creator Hosting Agreements. As a starting point, Creators and Venues may download a template.
Step 5: Make Your Final Decision (By February 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST)
To select a Creator, send a final ask and agreement to be accepted or declined. Upon acceptance, the Creator’s Project will be removed from Matchmaking inventories. At midnight, Matchmaking features will be disabled. One Spark will pull the Creator roster for each Venue, and compile accepted entries into an official entry list. Entries will then be showcased online in a gallery format.