What is One Spark?
One Spark is a five-day event for Creators. From April 9 - 13, 2014, artists, entrepreneurs and innovators will display Projects in a 20-square-block, multi-Venue gallery in downtown Jacksonville, Florida. One Spark is about connecting people with great ideas to the resources they need to make them a reality. It’s the community behind great ideas. It’s your chance to submit and decide on the next big thing. It’s the opportunity to get involved, be inspired, connect and collaborate.
- Open to All: Ready for market? Prototype? Napkin sketch? Creator Projects can be at any stage of development. One Spark is all about taking things to the next level and providing the catalyst for action!
- Grassroots & Independent: One Spark is built on the premise that great creations can come from garages, small studios and dorm rooms and that the only thing holding them back is access to capital and resources. The selection process for One Spark is completely independent. Venues select which Creators showcase in their spaces and attendees decide who gets funded.
- Get Funded: Showcasing at One Spark gives you access to $300,000 in crowdfunding and prize money plus millions of dollars in potential capital from potential investors.
- See and Be Seen: One Spark provides the perfect platform to put your idea in front of thousands of people, validate it and receive valuable feedback. As an attendee, you have the opportunity to witness the latest innovations and the power to make them a reality!
$300K in available funding and millions in investment opportunities
One Spark connects ideas with funding. Raise money for your project in FOUR ways:
- Wow attendees and collect their votes to score a piece of the $200,000 crowdfund. Whatever percentage of the vote a Project receives, that's how much of the crowdfund they earn. The top voted Creator Project in each category will get their hands on a $10,000 bonus prize!
- Attendees can contribute directly to Projects in any dollar amount. From $5 to $5,000, every little bit adds up to getting you that much closer to launching your idea.
- Along with the popularly distributed funds, industry experts will jury an additional $10,000 prize to the innovative Project of their choice in each category.
- Connect with millions of dollars in potential capital from hungry investors out to discover the next big thing!